About the hotel’s lobbyThe new "Mifuneyama Rakuen Hotel",
where the primeval forest becomes one with a forest of art.
Permanent exhibitionForest and Spiral of Resonating Lamps in the Forest - One Stroke
The art work that spreads out on the lobby floor is expressive of interactive art by Team Lab, a world-class art group that has collaborated with summer art events. The dim space represents the deepest parts of Mifuneyama's forest. The countless Venetian glass hanging from the ceiling represents the flowers, fruits, and nuts of the forest and the light filtering through the trees. The color of the light changes with the four seasons of Mifuneyama.
When you enter the lobby, please go and stand by one of the lamps. Soon, the brightly shining lamp will radiate a soft timbre, and that light will propogate to the next closest lamp. In the same way, the light from those two lamps will propogate to the next, and so on. While the light from each lamp intersects with all the others, it also passes through each only once and returns to its starting point, just as if inscribed with a single stroke. The light from the lamps shines with just the brightness of the number of people in the lobby and traces itself through each. Because of this, it is possible to enjoy the influence from the presence of others in the same space, and through the medium of art, one can have a new form of unexpected communication.
* Please understand that the lobby is closed except to guests either staying here or at Onyado Chikurintei, using the coffee shop, or visiting the summer art event.
Lamp display that changes with the seasons
At the Mifuneyama Rakuen Hotel, we put on a display of lamps that changes with each season, based on the theme of "kasane no irome" or color combinations created by layered clothing.
- Summer Forest
- We can see the five summer Kasane no Irome colors: Yomogi Herb Green, Orange Blossom, Chinaberry, Young Myrtle, and Hydrangea.
- Time: 19:00-22:30
Period: until August 31, 2018
- See details
- Autumn Mountain
- We can see the eight autumn Kasane no Irome colors: Budding Leaves, Green Leaves, Fallen Green Leaves, Yellow Leaves, Fallen Yellow Leaves, Fallen Leaves, Fallen Red Leaves, and Autumn Leaves
- Time: 17:30-22:30
Period: from September 01, 2018 to Octobert 28, 2018
EN TEA HOUSE
In one corner of the lobby floor, there is a counter-only café space. The menu is a collaboration with the EN TEA brand from Ureshino City in Saga Prefecture, with the assistance of the Japanese tea connoisseur Shin'ichi MATSUO, who has been characterized as "a regenerator of Japanese culture." Enjoy your drink and sweets from wherever you like in the lobby while viewing the art works.
* Guests who are staying at either Mifuneyama Rakuen Hotel or Onyado Chikurintei can also use this between 10:00-11:00.
* It is also open to other guests not staying overnight.
Hours of business
11:00-21:00 (last order at 20:30)
Open every day of the year.